Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break


For most of the past two weeks, I spent surprisingly little time "relaxing" during my two week break from school. Since it was my first school break spent in Oregon, I decided that I better make the best of my time and spend it outdoors with people whose company I enjoy. My Dad and Ally were able to make the trip out West and I figured regardless of rain, we better explore as much of the Portland area as possible. Aj and I tried our best to plan an active two weeks of hiking, biking, rock-climbing, skiing and of course, eating (which deserves its own blog post)! Some of my time (not enough) during all of this was to capture some memories by photograph but I quickly realized my need to develop some photography skills, so bear with me as I play around with my photos. I uploaded some pictures from our adventures around Oregon including hikes in Forest Park, McKenzie River Trail and Silver Falls State Park. After our hike along the McKenzie river trail we were able to relax at the Terwilliger Hot Springs and after the others we were able to enjoy soaking at the Kennedy School in Portland a few blocks from our house.

It was a fantastic way to spend break and is much better served by pictures than words......I am already planning for my next break back home in Iowa during June! Until then, I am going to enjoy the lingering bliss from an awesome break to carry me though the next quarter of classes.......

No comments: